Artist Statement

Monday, July 03, 2017

It's a Start - SOLD


It's a Start
Oil on Canvas Panel, 12" x 12"
SOLD at $40 plus $10 shipping.



I just love painting on square canvas.
This time I also remembered to shoot a few process shots, which are below.
I didn't set up lights and curtains and fuss, so these are pretty rough. You get the idea though.
The thing in the middle top is the shadow of my easel clamp.

Step 1: Notan, start with darks.
Notan step, really just picking out the darks. I wish I had gone a little further, the darks are so fragile.


Step 2: Midtones, starting to add in the mid values.



Step 3: Sky and Reflections
This is actually out of order. I should have completed all the midtones first, but since there was so much light blue, I decided to put it in at the stage.


Step 4: Midtones,  Light and Details



There were a couple of other steps in here, which I didn't shoot, but I thought I was doing pretty well to stop and take a few photos at all! I like this one very much, those lovely cool shadows, yum.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails